1. We know stuff about tanks.
2. A 5-day trip requires only one suitcase.
3. We can open all our own jars.
4. We can go to the bathroom without a support group.
5. We don't have to learn to spell a new last name.
6. We can leave a motel bed unmade.
7. We can kill our own food.
8. We get extra credit for the slightest act of thoughtfulness.
9. Wedding plans take care of themselves.
10. If someone forgets to invite us to something, they can still be our friend.
11. Underwear is $10 a three-pack.
12. If you are 34 and single nobody notices.
13. Everything on our faces stays the original color.
14. Three pair of shoes are more than enough.
15. We don't have to clean the house/apartment if the meter reader is coming.
16. Car mechanics tell us the truth.
17. We can sit quietly and watch a game with a friend for hours without thinking, "He must be mad at me."
18. Same work - more pay.
19. Gray hair and wrinkles only add character.
20. We can drop by and see a friend without having to bring a little gift.
21. If another guy shows up at a party in the same outfit you just might become lifelong friends.
22. Your pals never trap you with: "So, notice anything different?"
23. We are not expected to know the names of more than five colors.
24. We almost never have a "strap problem" in public.
25. We are totally unable to see wrinkles in our clothes.
26. The same hairstyle lasts for years - maybe decades.
27. We don't have to shave below the neck.
28. A few belches are expected and tolerated.
29. Our belly usually hides our big hips.
30. One wallet, one pair of shoes, one color, all seasons.
31. We can do our nails with a pocket knife.
32. We have freedom of choice concerning growing a mustache.
33. Christmas shopping can be accomplished for 25 people on the day before Christmas, and in 45 minutes.November 19, 1999